Monday, December 21, 2009

WCCS Student To Climb Kilimanjaro



2007 WCCS Graduate

To Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for Charity

Diane Schmitt is currently a junior at Cornell University majoring in food science.

I am grateful for coming from a small and supportive high school. I feel that I developed a valuable skills that I continue to use in college especially research and presentation skills as well as, the opportunity to gain leadership experience.

I am involved in several groups at Cornell. One group that I am especially excited about is Fistula Free Climb. The group is made up of students that are raising money for OperationOF which funds operations and support for women with obstetric fistulas in Africa.

I will be traveling to Tanzania with Fistula Free Climb from January 3 to 23. I will be volunteering in a hospital and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, the tallest mountain in Africa at 19,341ft. We hope to raise $100,000 for OperationOF an organization that delegates the money to hospitals to perform the surgeries for women with obstetric fistulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment